Exabytes and Shinjiru are regarded as two of the most competitive web hosts in Malaysia. Both of them offer excellent web hosting services and fast loading speed at reasonable prices. Reputation-wise, each of these Malaysian web hosting providers have years of experiences in the industry and both are highly-trusted by many Malaysians when it comes to hosting their web contents.
Since both web hosts offer amazing deals to those of us seeking to host our own websites or blogs, it can be quite tricky to distinguish the best of the best. Selecting the best web hosting provider is crucial as you will need them in the long run, it is a very tedious job to move from one host to another – so, here are some points to help you make a decision should you be torn between Exabytes and Shinjiru!
Exabytes Web Hosting
Exabytes is generally great for small to medium sized websites or blogs (including personal website owners who want to start out cheap), as they are offering good shared web hosting plans, at very competitive prices. Their EBiz Beginner is priced at RM39 per year! Shared web hosting can’t go lower than this.
Exabytes also offers a complete line of web hosting and related services. These include domain name registration, VPS (virtual private server), semi-dedicated hosting, dedicated servers, server co-location, E-commerce hosting, reseller hosting, and cloud hosting (CDN). They also have a division dedicated to hosting WordPress sites under the brand name WPWebHost.
- One of Malaysia’s leading web hosts with big names under their belt.
- Fast customer service response time and web hosting speed.
- Good server performance to all hosted accounts.
- Prompt reply and accurate information provided.
- Good latest and up-to-date hosting plans.
- Domain registration completion in less than 24 hours (in most cases).
- A well-designed client area allows you to manage almost all aspects of your hosting needs.
- Good knowledgebase that covers common questions and problems.
- Excellent uptime.
- Great sales team.
- Registration and payment of new hosting service can be completed in only few minutes.
- 24/7 web and server support team that is always available regardless of whether it is non-business hours or a public holiday.
- Efficiency of the ticketing system (Raise a query with the technical support team should you have any problem and the company will issue a ticket upon receiving your queries. This ticket makes tracking and resolution of the issue easier as your query is forwarded to a related department for further action).
- You stand a chance to receive an invitation to attend the Global Internet Summit as well as to other IT-related workshops, trainings etc.
- Exabytes still needs improvements to be competent with the bigger players at the international level.
- Could only be most beneficial to a novice or a small business owner (Exabytes is the perfect choice if you’re starting your website with little or zero experience).
- Some clients have complained that the free templates given are unattractive and do not look professional. But in most cases, these opinions are entirely due to personal preferences.
Shinjiru Web Hosting
Shinjiru has been providing web hosting services in Malaysia since 1998, and since then has grown to a respectable web hosting company in this region. Under their belt, they have a complete range of hosting packages ranging from personal shared hosting to VPS and dedicated servers. Latest additions to their offering are Cloud Hosting and Content Delivery Network (CDN).
Generally, Shinjiru is best known for providing special web hosting needs, such as server co-location, VPS, semi-dedicated servers and also dedicated servers.
- Shinjiru is well established since 1998, making them one of the oldest web host in Malaysia
- The most inexpensive web hosting in the industry and the company offers the cheapest domain names registration for both the TLD and ccTLD (country code top-level domain, for instance .com.my).
- Fast server and hosting account setup. Usually within an hour.
- Quick customer service and response to your questions and concerns
- Consistent uptime
- Best offshore domain sales and offshore web hosting provider
- 24/7 support team, anytime and anywhere
- Handling of query tickets is efficient
- The support team is always very responsive in a very professional manner
- Prompt, clear and concise communication/replies are provided through online chat or the ticketing system
- The VPS hosting needs more improvement
- Shinjiru has had issues with loading speed and downtime which might not be fully resolved as of date
Please note that these are quick pros and cons of two of the most popular Malaysia based web hosts. To find out detailed information about them, you can check out our full reviews:
Weigh the pros and the cons of both web hosting providers. As a pointer, if you only own a single domain name and would like to be hosted and/or if you’re still a beginner to web hosting, it’s highly recommendable that you opt for one of Exabytes’ shared web hosting plans which is priced from RM139 per year (EBiz Home plan).
However, if you own a small to medium business, it is recommended that you go for one of Shinjiru’s hosting plans. After all, Shinjiru is more well know to provided specialized web hosting services, especially server co-location, semi-dedicated and dedicated servers.