WordPress is so flexible, extensible and easy to use that it has become one of the most used blogging platform these days. You can easily expand a WordPress blog with functionality with plugins. And if you want to change the look of your blog, you can do it quickly by changing the themes. There are so many free themes available for you to choose from at the official WordPress theme directory and many other WordPress websites.
If you want your blog to look more unique, special or different, you can always buy Premium WordPress Themes at websites such as WooThemes. Premium themes are available at a small cost. The themes are of top quality, and you get access to theme documentation, tutorials, knowledge-base and the best support forum to assist you just in case you need any help!
Change WordPress Theme
Today, let’s see how we can easily change our WordPress theme. If you are using the latest WordPress 3.0 or above, you are in real luck. Follow the following step by step guide.
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard. Click on Appearance at the left column. Then click on Themes.
- You will see two tabs. Manage Themes lists all the themes that are currently installed on your WordPress. Install Themes allows you to search for new themes to download and install seamlessly on your WordPress blog.
- Let’s search for some new themes. Click on Install Themes. Here you will have a few options for you to install a new theme.
you can upload a new theme from your hard disk (or a local drive) which you have previously downloaded.
Lists featured themes which are used by thousands other WordPress blogs. These themes are highly rated.
Latest WordPress themes added to the repository.
- Recently Updated
As the name implies, these themes are recently updated to comply with the latest WordPress version.
You can select an option to see available themes under each option.
- You can search for themes based on keywords. For example, enter “adsense” or “photo blog” if these are what you are looking for. Click on “Search”.
- Click on Preview to have a look of the theme first. Make sure you like how it looks and feels. Click on “Install” to download the theme on your blog.
- Click on “Install now“.
After a few moments, you should see the following message.
Click on “Activate to apply the theme to your blog.
Congratulations, your WordPress powered blog now should look fresh and brand new with a spanking new theme! It is so fast and easy to search and install a new WordPress theme!
Remember to check out HostGator. Read HostGator review to learn more about this popular web hosting company. HostGator is our favorite web host which uses cPanel, one of the best and easiest to use control panel.